How to buy NFTs on Exeedme?
Before you're able to purchase any kind of NFT or interact with crypto dApps, you will need to make sure you have a wallet created. A crypto wallet, such as Metamask Wallet, stores your ETH (or other cryptocurrencies) and processes transactions on the blockchain. Your wallet represents a unique address that is used to complete transactions. In this case, your wallet will also be the holder of your new Soldier NFTs.
Metamask is one of the most popular crypto wallet browser extension and mobile app for interacting with several blockchains, and will be used as an example on this tutorial.
Step 1) Download and install MetaMask - your new wallet
A) Install MetaMask on your browser as an extension. You can install it on Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Opera browsers, although we recommend using Chrome due to higher compatibility.
- Open https://metamask.io or search for “Metamask extension” using your favorite search engine. Double check to make sure you are accessing the correct WebStore, such as the Chrome Web Store.
- Click “Add to Chrome” to install MetaMask as a Google Chrome extension
- Click “Add Extension” to add it to your browser.
B) Create a new account, which will be your new Wallet account.
- Click on the MetaMask icon on the upper right corner of your browser to open it up.
- Go through the onboarding steps of MetaMask. Make sure to create a strong password and keep it in a safe place such as your Password Manager. Do not share any details with anyone and ideally keep the password offline.
- While on the onboarding process, you will reach a screen where you will have a “Secret Backup Phrase” with 12 words. Click to reveal these words and note them in a secure place, ideally offline, such as a piece of paper or another offline method that suits you.
- Confirm your Secret Phrase on the MetaMask onboarding page to make sure you have the correct sequence
- Congratulations! You have successfully created your MetaMask account. A new Ethereum wallet address was automatically generated for you! You are all set to enter the fascinating world of cryptocurrency with your newly created wallet.
Important: Don't forget
This “Secret Phrase” is a way to restore your wallet if you run into any issues. DO NOT, in any circumstance, reveal or share these secret phrase with anyone! If a bad actor has access to this combination of words, they WILL be able to access all your funds and you might be at risk of theft. Stay safe and never share them.
Step 2) Purchase some Ethereum (ETH)
Ethereum, or Ether, is the token of the Ethereum blockchain that is needed in order to interact with the ecosystem. There are several ways to purchase Ethereum and top up your wallet, the easiest way is to do it directly from your MetaMask wallet using a Debit Card or Apple Pay directly.
- Open your MetaMask extension on your browser and click the blue “Buy” button.
- Select your preferred payment provider, between “Wyre” or “Transak”;
- Select the amount of Ethereum you would like to purchase;
- Select your preferred payment method, between Debit card or Apple Pay;
- Make the transaction and receive your first ETH;
Note: There are some fees associated with purchasing ETH through MetaMask as well as using the Ethereum blockchain network. It is recommended to convert a bit more Fiat (EUR, USD, GBP, etc) to ETH to make sure you can proceed through the whole process.
Step 3) Configure the Polygon Network on your MetaMask Wallet
To minimize the environmental impact of the NFTs and avoid high additional transaction costs, the Exeedme NFT Marketplace is hosted on the Polygon blockchain. This will make your experience much smoother once you are able to configure this network and “bridge” (transfer) your assets from one network to another. One of the main benefits of using the Polygon network is also speed and very low fees of transaction.
The process of configuring a new Network is pretty simple and straightforward, but requires some manual actions:
- Open your MetaMask browser extension;
- Click on the “Ethereum Mainnet” button on the top corner;
- Click on “Custom RPC” to add a custom network configuration;
- This will open up a new tab to setup the Network connection, introduce the following information on the correct fields
- Once you’ve added the information, click on “Save”. You will be directly switched to Polygon’s Mainnet now in the network dropdown list.
Step 4) Bridging your assets from Ethereum to Polygon
The process of “bridging” your assets across different networks can look a bit daunting at first, but it’s actually a pretty straightforward process to go through.
- Access the official Polygon bridge website here
- Connect your MetaMask wallet to the bridge website, select the Metamask option from the modal
- Select the token you want to bridge, the amount you’d like to transfer and click the “Transfer” button;
- Approve the final transaction to make the bridge
- After a few minutes, you should see your tokens show up in the Polygon network and you’ve officially transferred your assets correctly and you’re almost ready to buy your new NFTs!
Please notice that there is always a fee associated with interacting with the Ethereum blockchain one last time before bridging the assets over. The Exeedme platform is not responsible for any fees and we cannot control their price. Take into account that the fees may vary from $20 - $50 depending on the congestion of the network.
If you have additional questions, you can check out the official video tutorial playlist from the Polygon channel here or get in touch with us through our Live chat support.
Step 5) Converting your Ethereum to $XED
You're almost ready to purchase your packs, but to do so, you need to acquire them with the token $XED, which fuels our marketplace. To do that, you can navigate to Quickswap, a Polygon Decentralized Exchange, which allows to swap almost every token on the Polygon chain.
- Navigate to the Quickswap Exchange
- Make sure you're connected to the Polygon Network by opening your MetaMask and checking for Polygon Mainnet on the top corner;
- Input the tokens to swap with: the token you want to swap with and select $XED on the swapping end;
- You will now need two connected steps to make the swap: "Approve" the contract (this is only needed once) and then "Swap" the assets;
To use the Polygon blockchain, you'll need a small amout of MATIC (Polygon's native token) to pay for the transactions. You can use a MATIC Faucet to get some free tokens that will be enough to cover all of these small transactions, from swaps to NFT purchases.
Step 6) Purchasing your new NFT:
After getting your wallet setup with the Polygon chain configured, you’re all set to follow the next steps to purchase your Soldier NFT! All you need to do right now is:
- Access our NFT Marketplace;
- Connect your wallet on the top right corner, double check to see if you're in the right network - Polygon
- Navigate to the collection of NFTs you're interested in;
- Choose the NFT you'd like to purchase and click to see the details page;
- If the specific NFT isn't for sale, you'll be able to submit an offer for the consideration of the owner;
- If it's already on sale, you can click to "Buy now", and after approve your transaction on the blockchain;
- After the transaction is approved, you'll be the proud owner of your new NFT, congrats!
Your NFT will show up in your wallet a few moments later.